August Birthstone: Peridot

Peridot is one of my favourite gemstones after amethyst, aquamarine and tanzanite.  I was given a pair of peridot post earrings many years ago. I  was attracted to its  beautiful sparkling green color when I saw this amazing gemstones, And I love it since then.

Peridot occurs in different shade of green: pale green, olive green, lime green, and medium dark green hues. I love lime green peridot the most.  I learned that peridot is  in fact a very old gemstone. It has been valued for centuries, acient Egyptian pharoahs and  Romans were especially fond of this gemstone. Do you know that the oldest record of mining of peridot is as early as 1500 B.C. in Egyptian Red Sea.







Here are some interesting informations regarding peridot
It's birthstone of August (Zodiac Leo)
It's believed to have healing ability, to increase strength, to ptotect against nervousness.
It's believed to have mystical power to attract love.



 
 

Comments